In the age of digitalization and sustainable development, education in Vietnam has been challenged in many aspects from policy to management, from pedagogies to methodologies and curricula. While much of these problems are unique to the Vietnamese context, possible solutions to them may well be inspired and generated from international experiences and success stories.
In this background, AVSE Global – EduNet has initiated a long-term action-oriented agenda aiming at rethinking and innovating education, with the overall theme “Tomorrow Schools, Future Citizens”. For this agenda, we adopt a critical interdisciplinary approach that brings together various stakeholders as well as experts in addressing today’s challenges of the education system in delivering sustainable outcomes. As an initial activity, AVSE Global – Edunet in cooperation with Vietnam National University Hanoi – University of Education is organizing Vietnam Education Symposium in June 09th, 2020 in hope of creating a platform where all stakeholders will contribute open and constructive dialogues to re-define objectives for education of our future generations, to modernize pedagogical approaches and to re-orient various stakeholders’ roles in co-producing the desired outcomes of education.
The Vietnam Education Symposium 2020 will focus on three main topics:
1. Priorities in education strategies: educate people with a focus on citizen competence, including civic rights, consciousness and spirit:
- Philosophy of education
- Holistic competence development
2. Teaching and learning in the age of digitalization
- Developing learners’ competence through multi-dimensional education models
- Innovating teaching and learning methodologies and pedagogies through education-related sciences (e.g. neuroscience, psychological and educational sciences)
- Teachers in the 21st century: innovation in teacher training, upgrading teachers’ skills and competencies, professional learning and development
3. Collaboration in education:
- The roles of schools, communities, and government in education
- Education outside school settings
Please create your account to log in for registration via this website.