Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam: Today, June 08, Mr. Dinh La Thang (Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh city Party) discusses with highlevel AVSE delegation led by Prof. Nguyen Duc Khuong and its partners in Vietnam such as Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh city (VNUHCMC), John Von Neumann Institute(JVN), HIDS - Ho Chi Minh city Institute for Development Studies (HIDS).
The discussions focused on the solutions to increase the competitiveness of Ho Chi Minh city, named in the early 20th century as “the Pearl of the Far East” or “Paris of the Orient”.
Mr. Thang made three project orders to AVSE:
- Building the Vietnam first Open Data platform for Ho Chi Minh city.
- Building qualified human resources education & training programs for Ho Chi Minh city.
- Building economic development strategies for Ho Chi Minh city as a special economic zone.
He also requested other related institutions to join forces in collaboration with AVSE to elaborate these projects.
Some selected articles on national newspapers:
- Bí thư Đinh La Thăng mong trí thức Việt kiều góp sức xây dựng TP.HCM (TTXVN)
- Bí thư Đinh La Thăng cầu người hiền tài biến TP.HCM thành “Hòn ngọc Viễn Đông” (Thanh Niên)
- Bí thư Đinh La Thăng đặt hàng đề án phát triển TP.HCM (Tuổi Trẻ)
- TP.HCM sẽ xây dựng hệ thống cơ sở dữ liệu mở. (VOH)
Download here: AVSE_Pressrelease_DLT_08062016